It has been a while since my last activity, but I assure you things have been happening behind the scenes. There are some upcoming performance improvements to this site as well as a large MUD revamp in the works. I am also pleased to say that I am in the process of converting a homegrown campaign from Pathfinder 1E to 2E. I will be happy to share my lessons learned from that once it is finished.
The update I am most excited to talk about today is MUD. I spent the two weeks collecting updated technical assessments and ballistics reports from various released documents from 2020. I spent another week creating an ML script that would parse through the documents and provide 1 v 1 data in a statistical form. I then converted that data into EDCE’s statistical model. Last week, the first iteration of those results came in and I am now in the process of merging the data into MUD. As of writing this, I am about a third of the way through the land units.
That was a long winded way of saying I am in the middle of a major revamp of MUD. If my posts are minimal on this site, its because I’m working on that update instead.
Second, I have a site update pending. Hopefully it will not lead to a repeat of January, but I have a history of these going poorly so we will see. This post is your PSA that if the site is down, just wait until I bring it back up.
Finally, I mentioned that Pathfinder is back on my radar. I am in the middle of moving from the 1E to 2E system. This idea has been talked about in a couple of my gaming groups, but in all cases it seems to be more work than it’s worth. I am going to test this theory and see how it goes. To give you a quick spoiler, it may be easier than you think as long as you aren’t using heavily 3rd party sources in your campaign.
That’s all I have for today. Stay tuned as I start making progress through some of these items. Unfortunately, I chose to focus on time consuming updates, so it may be some time before there is any tangible output.