Map Script – No Landlocked Cities Map Generator
This Random Map Generator is used with the standard EDCE unit set with a focus on sea power. All cities will be accessible by sea units. The map will not place any landlocked cities, making each placement along a coastal tile or a river delta.
To use the map generator:
- Verify the values below match the expectations for the map you plan to create. If you don’t select a value, the map script will set a value for you.
- Click the Create Map button. This may take a few moments to complete.
- Depending on your browser settings, you will either be prompted to download a file or be directed to a page with the code.
- If you are given a downloadable file, save it and then move it to your game’s map folder (Windows default location is %AppData%/../LocalLow/KBSW/EmpireDeluxe/maps). If you are not able to find your downloaded file check your firewall and anti-virus settings.
- If you are taken to a web page of map code, Right click the page and save it as a file. Navigate to your game’s map folder and save the file. By default, the file will be called “map” but you can rename it. The file may register as a HTML file but should load correctly in the game.
- Start Empire Deluxe, open the map editor, and verify the map loads correctly.
Use the options below to configure the parameters of your map. If the map does not appear, you may have a popup blocker enabled.
If the button does not generate a map, try clicking this link.