Map Script – MUD Random Map Generator
This is the Modern Units Database (MUD) Random Map Generator for EDCE. The in-game map generators create maps that are meant to work with the default unit databases. One major problem is the creation of cities with efficiencies that are meant to work with the MUD standardized production system. This map generator fixes this while also utilizing the intended features of the set such as diverse production levels, distance mechanics, and terrain diversity.
The generator is meant to work with the default unit set as well as the Modern Units Database (MUD) which is available on EDIBLE. While it is possible to play maps made with this mapscript on other unit databases, there may be some unbalanced features. Also, MUD is meant to be played on large map sizes so the mapscript may take some time to generate your file.
To use the map generator:
- Verify the values below match the expectations for the map you plan to create. If you don’t select a value, the map script will set a value for you.
- Click the Create Map button. This may take a few moments to complete.
- Depending on your browser settings, you will either be prompted to download a file or be directed to a page with the code.
- If you are given a downloadable file, save it and then move it to your game’s map folder (Windows default location is %AppData%/../LocalLow/KBSW/EmpireDeluxe/maps). If you are not able to find your downloaded file check your firewall and anti-virus settings.
- If you are taken to a web page of map code, Right click the page and save it as a file. Navigate to your game’s map folder and save the file. By default, the file will be called “map” but you can rename it. The file may register as a HTML file but should load correctly in the game.
- Start Empire Deluxe, open the map editor, and verify the map loads correctly.
Use the options below to configure the parameters of your map. If the map does not appear, you may have a popup blocker enabled.
If the button does not generate a map, try clicking this link.