As I mentioned on September 8th, I am turning my attention to making a udb. It’s an ambitious one at that. Rather than make a lot of posts, I’ve decided to keep my head down and see how far I can get. I’ll reveal more about it as time goes on.
One important thing to note – I am doing my homework. I have spent hundreds of hours of research on each unit and I intend to apply that to the set. Here is a quick overview of the decisions I’ve made so far that will impact the outcome of this set.
- Tile Size is 50km. The standard Earth map I use for my personal games has a relative tile size of 50km x 45km. Unit distances will use this when calculating ranges and speeds.
- Turns are 4 Hours Long. When calculating time frames (distance, speed, fighting ability, etc.) I am using 4 hours to represent one turn.
- Product is in GDP. Production values are based on real-life costs based on nominal dollars. Production percentages are based on nominal GDP.
- Everyone most fast and light. Limits assume units always travel at their fastest speeds, and for units with ranges, their max distance when not fully loaded.
- Public Data Only. I’ve opted to use publicly available figures in as many cases as possible. Any private sources I use will not be revealed. This lessens some unit’s capabilities/cost.
To there you have it. More to come on this. I plan to release an very early stage alpha version once I’ve got about 25% through the basic stats. I want to warn you the early versions will be incredibly rough. So don’t expect too much on round one.